Are you considering plastic surgery this year? If you are, you know it can be difficult to know when to schedule your appointment; it never seems like there’s a good time to recover from surgery. However, this winter could be the perfect time to finally find your new you. Here are a few reasons why winter is the best time to recover from plastic surgery:
- Thick clothes hide what you don’t want people to see. You’ll likely experience a little redness, bruising, swelling, or scarring while recovering from your surgery. Baggy clothes and puff winter jackets provide an inconspicuous cover while you heal.
- Swelling from surgery can take time to disappear. Giving your body time to recover from surgery and the swelling can take weeks. While most of the swelling will subside after a couple of weeks, it can take up to 6 months for all swelling to disappear. This makes winter surgeries ideal to give your body the time it needs to be ready for warm-weather clothes and activities.
“Winter might just be the best time of year to finally have your surgery.”
- Limited sun exposure. Most people hate that there’s less sun in the winter, but this actually works for your benefit. Strong UV rays can hinder your body’s natural healing process, and a tan could make scars more apparent. On the other hand, cloudy winter days will keep you covered. Procedures like tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and liposuction can leave scars that are raised and red for months after the initial wounds have healed. Having these procedures done in the winter can help keep the scars protected till it’s time to go outside and have fun in the sun.
- It’ll be easier to do post-surgery care. After your surgery, your surgeon will recommend staying indoors and refraining from strenuous activity. It won’t be as hard to do this when the weather isn’t as nice outside. Find a good show to binge-watch and focus on your recovery and healing while staying warm inside.
- Ready for Summertime fun. Having procedures during the winter will allow you the downtime needed for your body to heal. When the weather warms up you’ll be able to show off your new body in some fun summer clothes.