Pregnancy, weight loss and aging are just a few of the factors that cause breasts to lose their shape and position. To reclaim an uplifted appearance, an increasing number of women are choosing to have a breast lift. In Omaha, the board-certified plastic surgeons at Aesthetic Surgical Images bring skill and artistry to breast surgery and have helped many women achieve the look they desire.
Request a complimentary cosmetic consultation with Aesthetic Surgical Images for a private discussion with one of our breast surgeons in Omaha, Nebraska or call us at 800-331-5001.
*Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
Breast Lift: What is it?
UNDERSTANDING BREAST LIFT
A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, raises and reshapes sagging breasts by removing excess skin and repositioning the nipple, areola and breast higher on the chest. For women whose breasts have lost firmness and elasticity, it is an effective procedure that results in a lifted, more youthful contour.
At Aesthetic Surgical Images, we understand that having surgery is a big decision. That’s why we strive to create a relaxed atmosphere where our patients feel at ease. During your initial consultation, your physician will take the time to understand your goals and discuss realistic expectations. Patients who choose Aesthetic Surgical Images also take great comfort in knowing that all of our surgeons are board certified, our facility is nationally accredited, and our M.D. anesthesiologists have superior training.
Breast Lift: Implants Instead of A Lift
YOUR BREAST LIFT PROCEDURE
Breast lift is a two-hour procedure that is performed under general anesthesia on an outpatient basis. Typically, it requires an anchor shaped incision pattern: one around the areola, a second from the areola to the crease under the breast, and the third along the breast crease. In cases where sagging is limited, breast lift may be performed without the third incision, an approach called a vertical mastopexy.
Through these incisions, your physician lifts and reshapes the underlying tissue and repositions the nipple and areola to a more youthful placement. In many cases, women enhance their breast lift surgery by adding breast implants. In Omaha, Nebraska, this is a commonly-used technique to add volume as well as improve position and shape. Still others add tummy tuck, with or without liposuction, to complete a full Mommy Makeover.
To learn more about breast lift, please read our Frequently Asked Questions. We think you’ll find it to be a valuable resource as you gather information.
Breast Lift: Recovery
ENJOYING YOUR RESULTS
Most patients return to daily activities, including driving, within three to five days after surgery. It’s important, however, not to lift your elbows above your shoulders or lift more than five pounds for three to four weeks, after which you should be back to full activity. Although it takes up to several months to see final results, you can start enjoying the look of your shapelier, uplifted breasts almost immediately.
See the results our patients have enjoyed from their breast lift surgery when you visit our before & after photo gallery.
- Does breast lift procedure allow for correction of asymmetry?
- Can a lift be done while keeping implants?
- Breastfeeding Following Breast Lift Surgery
- Will I lose sensitivity in my nipples when I have a breast lift?
- Breast Lift With Breast Augmentation: Two Procedures or One?
TAKING THE NEXT STEP
Our caring, professional staff is always available to answer your questions, and we’ll be here for you when you’re ready. Request a complimentary cosmetic consultation with Aesthetic Surgical Images online or call (402) 390-0100 or (800) 331-5001 to schedule a consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.
Why Choose Aesthetic Surgical Images
- For almost 20 years, Aesthetic Surgical Images in Omaha has earned a reputation as one of the top plastic surgery practices in the Midwest.
- Dr. Edney completed his 5-year residency in general surgery at Creighton University and subsequently received his board certification in general surgery.
- Dr. Marie Montag has been in practice since 1997 and is a Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Bruneteau completed a fellowship in microvascular surgery at the University of California and a fellowship in craniofacial surgery at Harvard Medical School in Boston; also, is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.