The nose is the most prominent feature of the face and may draw unwanted attention when it is misshapen, or disproportionate in relation to the other facial features. It is quite common for individuals who are dissatisfied with their nose to be dissatisfied with their overall appearance, so many choose to have nose reshaping surgery, also known as rhinoplasty. In Omaha, rhinoplasty is a very common procedure and one that is performed with a skill and artistry at Aesthetic Surgical Images.
*Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
Call 800-331-5001 or Request a complimentary cosmetic consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons to learn how rhinoplasty can improve your appearance and self-esteem.
Rhinoplasty: Analyzing A Nose
When performed properly by one of our skilled plastic surgeons in Omaha, rhinoplasty can address a full range of cosmetic and/or functional concerns. Specifically, it can:
- Refine the tip of the nose and nostrils
- Smooth a bump on the bridge of the nose
- Straighten a deviated septum to help alleviate breathing problems
At Aesthetic Surgical Images, each consultation begins with a clinical analysis to evaluate your face and nose. Your surgeon will take the time to understand your desired results and create a personalized solution that enhances your natural beauty. We also use computer imaging to help you visualize, in a realistic way, how rhinoplasty can improve the shape and size of your nose. You can expect an honest evaluation and all of the information you need to make an informed decision.
Rhinoplasty: Surgical Techniques
YOUR RHINOPLASTY PROCEDURE
Rhinoplasty in Omaha, Nebraska is performed as an outpatient procedure under general anesthesia. Your surgeon may recommend a closed procedure, which places the incision inside the nose, or an open procedure, which places the incision across the narrow strip of tissue that separates the nasal passages. Through these incisions, the cartilage and the bone of the nose can be sculpted into the desired shape. The septum can also be straightened.
To maximize facial rejuvenation, many of our patients schedule complementary procedures such as blepharoplasty to create a brighter, more open eye area or chin and cheek implants for a more balanced look.
ENJOYING YOUR RESULTS
Following surgery, a light nasal packing will be placed and usually removed the next day. A splint will be placed on the outside of the nose and removed in one week. Swelling and bruising are common and may last up to 10 days. After three weeks, however, any residual swelling is usually not noticeable by other people. Although the nose reshapes for up to a year, you will notice an immediate improvement in form and function.
Many people believe that nose reshaping surgery does more to change a person’s overall appearance than any other facial surgery. See for yourself the dramatic, yet natural-looking results that are possible with rhinoplasty when you visit our before & after photo gallery.
Rhinoplasty: Recovery Following Surgery
- Can you change the shape of your nose without Rhinoplasty?
- Rhinoplasty Recovery Time
- Choosing a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How soon after Rhinoplasty can I fly or exercise?
- Changes in Breathing Following Rhinoplasty
TAKING THE NEXT STEP
Learn more about rhinoplasty when you read through our list of Frequently Asked Questions. If you don’t find what you’re looking forward, we’re happy to answer any questions or address any concerns. Request a complimentary cosmetic consultation online or call (402) 390-0100 or (800) 331-5001 today.
Why Choose Aesthetic Surgical Images
- For almost 20 years, Aesthetic Surgical Images in Omaha has earned a reputation as one of the top plastic surgery practices in the Midwest.
- Dr. Edney completed his 5-year residency in general surgery at Creighton University and subsequently received his board certification in general surgery.
- Dr. Marie Montag has been in practice since 1997 and is a Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr. Bruneteau completed a fellowship in microvascular surgery at the University of California and a fellowship in craniofacial surgery at Harvard Medical School in Boston; also, is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.